- Recruitment of Constables:
Recruitment shall be done once a year or at such frequency as may be required based on vacancies as may be determined.
- Appointment of Vacancies:
Post of constables will be filled on the basis of ratio of population of District.
- Vertical reservation amongst SC/ST shall be as per Govt. instructions on the subject from time to time. In tribal Districts, the % of reservation will be governed by instructions of tribal development department applicable to District level Cadres. Vertical reservation for OBC will be as per specific instructions of the State Govt. from time to time Horizontal reservation for ex-servicemen, wards of freedom fighters, Antodya, IRDP, distinguished sports person and Home Guards will be as per Govt. instruction from time to time.
- In case a post reserved under vertical or horizontal reservation cannot be dilled from within that category, the posts should be kept vacant and matter referred by the Chairman of the Distt. Recruitment Board to the DGP.
- Vacancies for Ex-servicemen shall not be filled by open recruitment but Chairman of the District Recruitment Board shall send requisition to the Secretary, Ex-servicemen Cell Hamirpur to sponsor names. The requisition shall specify the number of posts for each District and the will be sponsored accordingly.
The reservation position as at present is as follows:
|Vertical Reservation|| ||Horizontal Reservation||
|Scheduled Tribes||05%||Wards of Freedom Fighter||02%
|Other Backward Classes||18%||Antodaya/IRDP||15%
| || ||Distinguished Sportsmen||03%
| || ||Home Guards||15%
- Educational and other qualifications and physical standards will be as follows or as notified by the Govt. from time to time.
|Sr. No.||Category||Age (Yrs)||Edu. Qlf.||Height male||Height female||Chest(for males only)
|1.||General||18 to 23||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||31"x32"
|2.||SC/ST||18 to 25||10+2||5'-4"||5'-0"||29"x30"
|3.||OBC||18 to 25||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||31"x32"
|4.||Gorkhas||18 to 25||10+2||5'-4"||5'-0"||29"x30"
|5.||Home Guards (General/OBC)||20 to 28||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||31"x32"
|6.||Home Guards (SC/ST)||20 to 28||10+2||5'-4"||5'-0"||29"x30"
|7.||Home Guards (Gorkhas)||20 to 28||10+2||5'-4"||5'-0"||29"x30"
|8.||Distinguished Sportsman (General/OBC)||18 to 25||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||31"x32"
|9.||Distinguished Sportsman (SC/ST)||18 to 25||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||29"x30"
|10.||Distinguished Sportsman (Gorkhas)||18 to 25||10+2||5'-6"||5'-2"||29"x30"
- In case of ex-servicemen minimum qualification shall be matriculation. However, whenever the vacancies go to the wards of ex-servicemen the educational qualification will be 10+2 only.
- Enlistment of ex-soldiers, reservists and ex-police officers:
Re-enrolment in the rank of Constable is permitted and past service will count for pension under the following conditions, and subject to the further conditions as to pensions contained in rules 9.2 and 9.29. (a) Ex-soldiers of the Indian Army and ex-members of Police forces (including Military Police), paid for from the general revenues of India, may be enlisted as Constables on production of a discharge certificate showing their previous service to have been ?good? or of higher classification, and if they fulfill the physical and other standards required by these rules for first appointments. They must also be passed medically fit by the same standards as are applied to recruits. (b) Age on the date of re-enrolment in the police must be below 30, but ex-Punjab police officers, and, with the special sanction of the Inspector General o in each case, ex-soldiers and ex-members of other police forces may be re-enlisted up to the age of 55, if they present themselves for re-enrolment and are found medically fit within two years of voluntarily taking their discharge. (c) The break of service between the date of enrollment in the police and the date of discharge from previous army employ shall not exceed two years, and there must not have been more than two breaks of service in all. (d) No claim to count previous service for pension shall be allowed unless the previous service claimed was declared and verified at the time of enrolment in the police.
- Procedure for inviting application:
- Recruitment shall be done by giving advertisement in leading daily newspapers at least one of which will be in the local vernacular. Wide publicity will also be given through local channels of All India Radio. Applications shall be called for from the intending candidates who fulfill the educational and other qualifications. Only such candidates can apply who are registered with an Employment Exchange of the State on the date specified in the advertisement and are Bonafide Himachali. The advertisement shall specify the age, educational and other qualifications and physical standards and the District-wise likely number of vacancies including reserved vacancies in each category separately for male and female candidates.
- A processing fee as may be determined by Director General of Police form time to time shall be charged form the General Candidates and only ?th of this fee shall be charged from applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC/IRDP. The form of the application shall be specified in the advertisement
- Submission of application:
An application will be considered only in respect of vacancies of the District in which the applicant is ordinarily resident according to the Bonafide Himachali Certificate. The application must accordingly be submitted to the Recruitment Board of the concerned District on the designated date.
- District Recruitment Committee:
Recruitment shall be conducted in each district headquarters by a Committee (called the District Recruitment Committee) headed by the Range IG/DIG, other members being one Commandant of the State Police Battalion as nominated by Director General of Police, District and one Medical Officer to be nominated by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned District. The Committee shall co-opt a G.O belonging to the SC/ST in these category are unrepresented on the Committee. The committee may co-opt requisite number of GOs/NGOs to assist the recruitment process. All applications shall be serially numbered District-wise and a receipt containing the number shall be issued to the applicant.
- Physical Standards Test:
The Committee shall cause the candidates to be measured for height and, in the case of male candidates, chest expansion. All measurements will be taken by Medical Officer, recorded in the candidate sheet and signed by the Medical Officer and counter signed by a Member of the Committee. The committee shall award marks for physical as follows:
Candidates who do not meet the standards prescribed in para 4 shall be summarily rejected and informed accordingly.
|Sr. No.||Height for male candidate||Height female candidate||Marks
|1.||Less than 5'-7''||Less than 5'-2''||0 mark
|2.||5'-7'' but less than 5'8''||5'-2'' but less than 5'-3''||1 mark
|3.||5'-8'' but less than 5'-9''||5'-3'' but less than 5'-4''||2 marks
|4.||5'-9'' but less than 5'-10''||5'-4'' but less than 5'-5''||3 marks
|5.||5'-10'' but less than 5'-11''||5'-5'' but less than 5'-6''||4 marks
|5.||5'-11'' and above||5'-6'' and above||5 marks
- Physical Efficiency Test of Candidates:
List of candidates who are found eligible as per physical standards and educational and other qualifications will be put on the Notice Board in the District S.P. Office by the Board immediately after completion of scrutiny and such candidates shall be called for physical efficiency test which will be of qualifiying nature alone as per the following details:
The Committee shall cause to be entered the record of timing and distance of the Physical Efficiency Test in the Candidate?s sheet which will be duly signed by each member of the Committee. Candidates who fail to qualify in an event will be disqualified forthwith and will not participate in the remaining events. Videography of the Physical Efficiency Test and Written Examination will be done for the sake of transparency.
|Sr. No.||Event||Min.quali. standard for male||Min.quali. standard for female
|1.|| 1500 Mtr.Race for Male (800 Mtr.Race for Female)|| 6 minutes 30 seconds. (No additional attempt is allowed)|| 4 Minutes 15 Seconds. (No additional attempt is allowed)
|2.||High Jump|| 1.25 Meters (Max. three attempts are allowed)|| Min. 1 Meter (Max. three attempts are allowed)
|3.||Broad Jump||4 Meters (Maximum three attempts are allowed)||3 Meter (Maximum three attempts are allowed)
- Basic List:
A Basic list including candidate?s name, allotted registration number, and marks scored in the Physical Standard Test will be prepared. The list shall be published on the Notice Board of the concerned district S.P. Office and qualified candidates shall be required to report for the Written Examination on the appointed date, time and venue.
- Written Examination:
Written examination will be held at District Headquarters only, preferably on the same day for all districts. Written examination will be of 80 marks of the objective type of 60 minutes duration. It will include the following sub groups:
The syllabus for the above written examination shall be of 10+2 standard except mathematics for which syllabus shall be of Matriculation standard. Only such candidates shall be deemed to have qualified for a suitability cum Personality test who secure 50% marks in the written test in case of those belonging to General /OBC categories and 40% marks in the case of those belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe categories. The result of the written examination shall be put up on the Notice Board of the Distt. SP office giving the marks of all candidates who appeared in the written examination.
- English Language - 16 questions
- Hindi Language - 16 questions
- General Awareness - 16 questions
- Maths & Science - 16 questions
- Reasoning Aptitude - 16 questions
- Personality Test:
Candidates will be called for Personality test from amongst those who have qualified, in the ratio of 3 persons for each post Suitability cum Personality test shall be consist of 15 marks. Before admitting a qualified candidate to the Personality Test all necessary and relevant documents (in original) shall have to be produced by the candidate alongwith a set of photocopies. Only after the documents are duly scrutinized and found in order, a candidate shall be allowed to appear for Personality Test. Failure to submit original documents or any document not found in order as required shall result in immediate disqualification of the candidate. All the Board Members will award marks to each candidates. Thereafter average of all the marks awarded to a candidate will be awarded to the candidate. Candidates who possess NCC certificates will be given a weightage of 3 additional marks for NCC (C) Certificate and 2 additional marks for NCC (B) certificate in Personality Test. A candidate, who has both these certificates, will be given marks only for NCC(C) certificate.
- Publication of Final result :
The final result will be the sum total of the marks obtained in the Basic List, Written test and Personality test. The final result, showing the marks obtained in each of the three attributes alongwith the total out of 100 marks and also including the position of respective reserved categories shall be displayed in respect of all candidates who appeared for the Personality Test, on the Notice Board of the District S.P. office immediately after completion of Personality Test. Claims to horizontal and or vertical reservation shall also be shown, in a Remarks Column in the final result sheet.
- Medical Examination:
The selected candidates shall be sent for medical examination to the respective Chief Medical Officers. The medical examination shall be conducted as per PPR 12-16. Medically unfit candidate shall be informed or rejection of their candidature.
An appeal against the medical report shall be allowed to be filed before the concerned District Superintendent of Police within 7 days of the display of the result of medical examination. The SP concerned shall cause a Review Medical board to be constituted by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned District. This Board shall submit its report within 30 days. Suitable candidates from the waiting list shall be substituted in place of the candidates who have been finally declared medically unfit.
- Verification of character and antecedents:
The character and antecedents of the candidates who have been selected provisionally shall be got verified through concerned district Police. In case a candidate is found to have been convicted in a court of law, he shall not be offered appointment irrespective of the nature of the offence and the period of sentence. In case of a candidate against whom investigation or trial is pending, the offer of appointment may be held in abeyance until he is cleared during investigation or trial, whichever is earlier. Such a candidate shall not be deemed to have become overage on this account alone. The post may be filled from the waiting list, and the candidate if cleared will be offered a subsequently occurring vacancy.
- Appointment and Probation:
Candidates appearing in the final merit list after declaration of Medical fitness and verification of character and antecedents shall be issued a letter of appointment by the concerned appointing authority. The appointees will have to successfully complete Recruit Training Course (RTC) and field training as may be specified by the Director General of Police, In case an appointee is unable to pass the recruit training course his service shall be liable to be terminated. Recruits will be confirmed only after successful completion of RTC and successful completion of probation of 2 years service including RTC.